After months of speculation, and mock drafts, the time has come to finally find out where all of these draft prospects will call home for their foreseeable futures. In a few short hours, we will finally know who the Cleveland Browns will take with the first and fourth picks and we will see whether the Giants will really pass on their quarterback of the future.
I thought it was fitting that before finding out the answers to these important draft-related questions that I put out one final day 1, round 1, mock draft before Commissioner Goodell takes the stage in Dallas and puts the Cleveland Browns officially on the clock.
Green Bay Trades the 14th overall pick and their 2nd round pick for the 7th overall pick.
Seattle Trades Earl Thomas to Dallas for the 19th overall pick and a 3rd round pick.
1. Cleveland- QB Sam Darnold -USC
2. New York Giants- QB Josh Rosen-UCLA
3. New York Jets- QB Baker Mayfield-Oklahoma
4. Cleveland- RB Saquan Barkley-Penn St
5. Denver- QB Josh Allen- Wyoming
6. Indianapolis- OG Quinten Nelson-Notre Dame
7. Green Bay via Tampa Bay- DE Bradley Chubb- NCST
8. Chicago- LB Tremaine Edmunds-Virginia Tech
9. San Francisco- S Derwin James FSU
10. Oakland- CB/S Minkah Fitzpatrick- Alabama
11. Miami- CB Denzel Ward- Ohio St.
12. Buffalo- LB Roquan Smith-Georgia
13. Washington- DT Vita Vea-Washington
14. Tampa Bay via Green Bay- CB Joshua Jackson- Iowa
27. New Orleans- TE Dallas Goedert- South Dakota St.
28. Pittsburgh- RB Derrius Guice- LSU
29. Jacksonville- WR James Washington- Oklahoma St.
30. Minnesota- G Will Hernandez- UTEP
31. New England- OT Connor Williams- Texas
32. Philadelphia- DT Da’Ron Payne- Alabama
David Michalski is a recent college graduate from Princeton New Jersey who has been a life long Green Bay Packers fan. Like the great Vince Lombardi, he values God, family, and the Green Bay Packers in that order. You can follow him on twitter at @kilbas27dave