Spreading Holiday Cheer:
Hopefully, you all have had a great holiday thus far and are slowly coming out of your food comas, enjoying time with your families and friends, and opening the presents under the tree. With the holiday spirit in mind, I thought that it would be appropriate to make a Packers wish list of things that we as Packers fans will need in our lives that will both make us happy as well as keep our sanity.
However, before I unveil my Christmas wish list, I just wanted to put a spotlight on the members of the organization who should have received a black coal for their poor performances this season.
1. Dom Capers:
With each passing day, a more indicting stat is revealed about Dom Capers’s defense. Plainly put, his defenses simply do not work and there is a proven body of work that backs up those sentiments (Red Zone scoring against). It is time to finally fire Dom Capers and completely redo this defense.
2. Ha Ha Clinton-Dix:
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix has played some of the most uninspired football of his career. He has given opposing receivers fifteen plus yards to operate and has taken awful routes and angles when covering or chasing down opposing teams offensive players. The Packers should bench Clinton-Dix for the final game of the season and force him to play for his job in training camp next season.
3. The Packers offensive and defensive fronts:
Every single week of the season I wrote about how the Packers needed to protect the quarterback, provide a running game, and generate a consistent pass rush. Well, after sixteen weeks, The Packers have not managed to do that for an entire game, and as a result, their defense consistently gets torched, and their quarterback has been placed on injured reserve twice.
My Christmas Wish List:
1. The immediate Firing of Dom Capers.
2. Cut or restructure Brian Bulaga and draft a right tackle.
3. Bring in-depth and competition on the offensive line and make each starter fight for his job.
4. Cut or restructure Clay Matthews.
5. Restructure Randall Cobb’s 2018-19 salary (possibly extend his contract for one more year to spread his cap hit out)
6. Resign Davante Adams using the money that you would save from Clay Matthews, Randall Cobb, and Brian Bulaga being either cut or restructured.
7. Draft and sign an impact pass rusher.
8. Draft and sign secondary help.
9. Shake up the defensive side of the ball.
10. Put a complete team around Aaron Rodgers.
-Merry Christmas ????——————
David Michalski is a recent college graduate from Princeton New Jersey who has been a life long Green Bay Packers fan. Like the great Vince Lombardi, he values God, family, and the Green Bay Packers in that order. You can follow him on twitter at @kilbas27dave