I have been fortunate enough to cover Packers camp from the sideline for Bison 1660 in Fargo, ND these first few days. I’ve taken in two days of offense vs. defense drills and have just a few quick snippets to offer before I head off to locker room interviews.
- Pettine will use the 3-3 defense more than Capers ever did. This is likely for good reason. Pettine has four defensive lineman he can definitely count on (Clark, Daniels, Wilkerson and Lowry) and a fifth who’s talented enough to be a top 100 pick (Adams). It makes a lot of sense that he wants to use those guys and limit the snaps of a thinner EDGE group.
- Jaire Alexander is a great brand of cocky. His confidence is absolutely necessary for a young, somewhat undersized DB.
- Davante Adams is that dude.
- Rodgers has no physical ill effects from the shoulder injury
- Lewis and Graham are really, really big guys.
- Jason Spriggs looks less lean, which I think is probably good.
- Rodgers really likes throwing to Jimmy Graham
- As usual, McCarthy is making the young players “earn it”. Veterans are taking most of the early reps.
- Pettine sure brings a different attitude and simplciity to the defense. It’s easy to pick up on.
- Trevor Davis sure is promising. Year three is usually the year for receivers let’s see if it finally clicks with the pads on.
- Kevin King is an incredible athlete.
- They’re going to give Kentrell Brice every chance to be the starting strong safety.
— True Packers Fan (@TruePackersFan) July 27, 2018